Top 10 Takeaways from Feb. 7 Seattle Event
By Jennifer van Hardenberg, St. Margaret’s School, Victoria, BC, CANADA ::
Jennifer’s list from her article: My Top Ten Take-aways from Girls Can Do She has a great story for each one of these in her article.
- Confidence comes from what we say to ourselves.” Pete Carol
- “You can’t make a difference, you’re just a mom in tennis shoes,” is what Senator Patty Murray was told
- “We are not just teaching dance, we are changing lives.” Melba Ayco
- That girls really can change the world.
- That 50% of first nations kids are in care right now in Canada.
- The magic 10,000
- A creative person is never bored.
- Shared emotions among a large audience are pretty powerful.
- “What does it feel like when you achieved your goal?”
- The fact that there were probably equal numbers of girls as there were adult mentors in the audience.